ISO 27001:2013 is Information Security Management System (ISMS). This is an international standard which has framework of policies and procedures that includes all technical, physical, legal and administrative controls involved in an organisation’s information risk management processes.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is meant for protection of all the European citizen’s personal data. It is a Regulation in European Union Law on Data Protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union.
ISO 27001:2013 has 7 strategic clauses 14 generic clauses and 114 controls which covers end to end information security of organisations
GDPR consists of 99 articles, which is further grouped into 11 chapters and an additional 171 recitals with explanatory remarks.
The basis of both ISMS and GDPR is integrity, availability and confidentiality.
How ISO 27001 helps
If we look at Article 32(Security in processing) of the GDPR there requirements are similar as of ISO 27001:2013:
- the encryption and pseudonymisation of personal data;
- the ability to ensure the ongoing integrity, confidentiality, availability and resilience of processing services and systems;
- the access to personal data and the ability to restore the availability in a timely manner in the event of a technical or physical incident;
- a process for regularly assessing, testing and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organisational measures for ensuring the security of the processing.
Its requirements are similar in many places to the ISMS, but whereas the Regulation only occasionally suggests specific practices (such as encryption), ISO 27001 lays out clearly what organisations need to do to remain secure.
Article 32 also states a mandatory requirement that organisations should address risks that could lead to the “accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to personal data”.
An effective ISMS meets all these requirements.
How can Codec Networks Help?
Codec Networks is a PECB certified training provider, we have trainers with 25 plus years of industry experience. We impart in-depth knowledge on the subject, Our 5 Days Bootcamp covers the whole spectrum of a GDPR CDPO and ISO 27001 LA/LI training.
GDPR CDPO Training Program
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a regulation that will enforce a stronger data protection regime for organizations that operate in the European Union (EU) and handle EU citizen’s data. GDPR constitutes the protection of personal data of employees, customers and others. In case organizations fail to comply with this regulation, they will be subject to heavy fines and damaged reputation. Considering that personal data represents critical and sensitive information that all organizations should protect, such a regulation will help put in place appropriate procedures and controls to prevent Information Security breaches. By May 2018, all organizations that operate in the EU should comply with this regulation.
- Day 1: Introduction to the GDPR and initiation of the GDPR Compliance
- Day 2: Plan the implementation of the GDPR
- Day 3: Deploying the GDPR
- Day 4: Monitoring and continuous improvement of GDPR compliance
- Day 5: Certification Exam
ISO 27001 LA Training Program
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to audit an Information Security Management System (ISMS) and to manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training, the participant will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to proficiently plan and perform internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 the certification process according to ISO 17011.Based on practical exercises, the participant will develop the skills (mastering audit techniques) and competencies (managing audit teams and audit program, communicating with customers, conflict resolution, etc.) necessary to efficiently conduct an audit.
- Day 1: Introduction to Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts as required by ISO/IEC 27001
- Day 2: Planning and Initiating an ISO/IEC 27001 audit
- Day 3: Conducting an ISO/IEC 27001 audit
- Day 4: Concluding and ensuring the follow-up of an ISO/IEC 27001 audit
- Day 5: Certification Exam
ISO 27001 LI Training Program
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001:2013. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement information security controls from all areas of ISO/IEC 27002. This training is consistent with the project management practices established in ISO 10006 (Quality Management Systems – Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects). This training is also fully compatible with ISO/IEC 27003 (Guidelines for the Implementation of ISMS), ISO/IEC 27004 (Measurement of Information Security) and ISO/IEC 27005 (Risk Management in Information Security).
- Day 1: Introduction to Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts as required by ISO/IEC 27001; Initiating an ISMS
- Day 2: Planning the implementation of ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Day 3: Implementing ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Day 4: Controlling, monitoring, measuring and improving an ISMS; certification audit of the ISMS
Day 5: Certification Exam
Codec Networks provides the Best GDPR Training in delhi . Here we have an environment exactly like the actual one where they will be taught how to perform information gathering, scanning, getting access i.e. hacking, maintaining access, clearing tracks as well as how to secure their own networks. We have intensive lab environment where the student will gain practical knowledge with reference to the current security attacks and threats scenarios well-built simulated lab where the students can perform the practical under the supervision of experienced trainers who are working in the cybersecurity domains. The whole concept is to provide practical knowledge along with concept clearing in Cyber Security which is useful from career perspective in the organisation as well as for the security enthusiasts, entrepreneur. At the end of training students will have a good understanding and hands on experience in IT Security.