The way to get access to the prone computer and trying to sniff out information about victim system is known as System Hacking.
For the purpose of system password grabbing, we used the Software called Cain and Abel suitable for this purpose.
Cain and Abel consist of two components:
- Cain is the front-end application that is used to recover the passwords and perform sniffing.
- Abel uses Windows NT service that performs the role of traffic scrambling.
Cain and Abel help to recover different kinds of the password in the system using various inbuilt tools like network packet sniffing, ARP Poisoning and password cracking using hashes and attempting attacks like dictionary attacks, brute force and cryptanalysis attacks.
Cain and Abel Features:
- Certification Manager Password Decoder
- Dial-up Password Decoder
- APR (ARP Poison Routing)
- Administration Manager
- Course Table Manager
- Storage Password Manager
- Sniffing System
- Syskey Decoder
- LSA Secrets Dumper
- Remote Scanner
- 802.11 Capture Files Decoder
- Secret key Crackers
- Cryptanalysis assaults
- WEP Cracker
Using the result from Cain and Abel you are able to scan for Wi-Fi routers also and try to break passwords with low encryption, but this feature of in this software as a paid so we can just monitor only. From this, we can gather information and use a different tool like Aircrack for Wi-Fi password break. Cain and Abel as per my reviews is one of the best tools providing vast features of attack analysis and gives and good GUI for viewers also.
HOW TO OVERCOME SUCH ATTACKS
- Use complex Password so that it be hard to get a break.
- Install IDS/IPS which mostly detects/blocks attacks like this.
- Use software like “apron” which can detect and block ARP poisoning.
- Use “static ARP” in the operating system” to prevent “MITM” on your system.
Why CODEC NETWORKS
We are Best Institute for Certified Ethical Hacker – CEH Training in Delhi. Codec Networks provides CEH Certification on the Behalf of EC-Council Accredited partner and Our CEH Training Base on Practical and live Project Training.