An open-source platform built by thousands of contributors from all corners of the world, Python is a crowd-sourcing success story. We all know python is robust, scalable, well designed, and easy to learn, a product of several years of the best minds coming together to build a language with clearly-defined features.
Below is the popularity of the languages:
The fact that it has an open-source license also means Python can be implemented and modified in any way. It’s possible to insert blocks of other code to make the language even more feature-rich, all at no cost. We can easily excess libraries to create applications for data analysis, language processing, and machine learning among many others.
With easy learning, we can perform a lot with just few lines of python code, however if coming to complex full-fetched web application from scratch in python, you might going to wrong direction. To explain, why Python frameworks are a great choice for web development — where to start with them and how, this blog is all about !!!
Any idea about Web-Framework?
Before we get into the ”why” let us first grasp what actually a Web-Framework really is ?
We can define a Web-Framework as a collection of packages and modules that provides easier development of websites. It takes care of all low-level communication within the system and also keep hide from us just to make sure no issues for performing other common tasks for the development.
Why choose a Python Web-Framework?
Yes we can create a Web-App from scratch but below are the top-5 reasons which insist to use Python Web-Framework :
- Implemented and Believed by Many Large Corporate
Popular Python frameworks like Pyramid and Django are used by companies like Bitbucket, Pinterest, Instagram and Dropbox in their web application development. So, it is safe to say these frameworks are able to handle almost everything you throw at them.
- Hides complex low-level details
As stated above, web frameworks are meant to hide and handle all low-level details so that you as a developer, do not have to dig deep into how everything works when you are developing a web-enabled application.
- Takes care of the “Time” Factor
The frameworks have been built investing thousands of developer and testing hours. Building on top of it saves your valuable time. Especially, when you are developing a simple prototype of a website or are closer to a deadline, using web frameworks can turn out to be a life safer.
- The most desired word in web. – “SECURITY”
One of the most important advantages of using a web framework as opposed to building something on your own is handling the security of your website. Since web frameworks have been used and backed by thousands, it inherently handles security, preventing any misuse of the web application.
- Efficient and Expandable
Good frameworks are built ensuring scalability from the very beginning of the development process. So, whenever you are planning to scale your website by adding a new component or using a new database, web frameworks are more likely to scale better than what you come up with when building from scratch.
Python Web-Framework is ok !! But Which Framework to go ahead ???
There are many Python Web-Frameworks however every framework has its own level of competencies. So it is well required to evaluate the project requirements first before picking any Web-Framework of Python.
Now, here comes the Top-3 Python Web-Frameworks (As per demand):
Django is the most popular Python Web-Framework and is targets mostly at larger applications. With batteries-included approach and contains almost everything which would be needed for web development tied-up with the framework itself. So there is no requirement to handle things like Templating, Routing, Database Administration, and Authentication….
If the requirement of project is mid-high range and compatible with python, then Django is the perfect choice!!
Pyramid is the most flexible and just like Django, and it is purely aimed at mid-high scale applications and more. If you found heaviness of your web-application with Django, you can choose Pyramid. Pyramid doesn’t pressure you to use only one task at a time, however rather gives you a pluggable system to plug-in according to the project requirements.
Flask is a new baby in the family of Python Web-Framework. It’s a micro-framework and works perfectly for small-scale applications. Though, it’s a kid however it also have the features of other frameworks like Unit-Testing and Built-In development server which enable to create reliable and most efficient web applications.
Points to Note when to start with Python Frameworks
Understand Python and HTML
- The ground-up knowledge is must to develop, once done with the knowledge of Python powers equally important to learn the HTML and JS. There is no escape if Modern Web-Development is the final approach and it’s just not possible without HTML and JS.
For learning python, Python Training in Delhi is available at Codec Networks via online and offline both mediums.
Start Guide to follow and basic architectural knowledge
- Frameworks like Django are based on MVC and Flask uses Jinja2 templating engine, it’s always better to understand how these architectures really work.
First Application to be made “Simple”
- Don’t rush into creating heavy web application on your first go, rather start with something basic and simple like a basic entry list.
- This teaches you how CRUD functionalities and basic HTTP requests are handled by the framework.
Python Scripting Certification in Delhi | NCR, the Codec Networks would be the best choice.
Debugging is equally important
- For a programmer, Exceptions and bugs are like best friends. Understanding and keeping your framework out of this, will take framework a long way.
- To make the life easier, Use IDE’s like PyCharm with its smart intellisense, code optimsation tips and debugging capabilities.
Integration of third-party modules
- If others have already done something better and focusing on the output which is required in the framework, it’s always better to use third party modules in order to save the time and man-hours.