“Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner is an automated web application Pen-testing tool that checks web application by checking for various vulnerabilities like SQL Injection, XSS attack, HTML injection, buffer overflow etc.”
Download Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner
To Download Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner Follow these steps –
- Visit – https://www.acunetix.com/vulnerability-scanner/
- Press Download to start acunetix downloading. (In white circle).
- Install Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner and open it , It will look like below –
- Click on new scan to start scanning/testing a website in acunetix.
- Type Website URL in web URL area –
- Click Next to proceed to Acunetix GUI .
- Click Next to Finish –
- Acunetix Starts Scanning of website.
- Analyse Acunetix Scanning Results –
As you can see in above screenshot , Red circle area denotes type of vulnerability in the website ,
Red denotes – High Vulnerability , yellow denotes – Medium Vulnerability , Blue Denotes – Low Vulnerability , Green Denotes – Informational Vulnerability
- Vulnerabilities Listing in that website
These are the listing of Vulnerabilities listed in the Website –
- Slow HTTP Dos Attack
- Basic Authentication over HTTP
- Email Address Found
As you can see in above Image, Red circle area is denoting listing of Vulnerabilities in that website.
- When a user clicks, on a particular vulnerability, details regarding that vulnerability.
In Details, Pentester analyses Vulnerabilities and try to penetrate it using different dos scripts/ Softwares. Ex. – Slowloris Script , LOIC , HOIC ,DosHTTP etc .
Report Generation using Acunetix –
Click on Actions -> Generate Report
- Later you will get below options to save a report in different formats.
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification has achieved the reputation as the growing threat of security breaches emerges large in the minds of managers, CIOs, and Industry Security Professionals. We provide Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Courses, Training, and Exam & Certification in Delhi, India